The Robotics research group in the mechanical engineering at Hanbat National University (located in Daejeon city, South Korea) is seeking highly motivated post-doctoral researchers who have a strong research background and interest in robotics and/or machine learning.
We have investigated design, fabrication, modeling, traditional or learning-based control, and implementation of soft/compliant/bio-inspired robotic systems by using SMA or non-traditional actuators to achieve higher level of mobility and manipulation. Our main research topics include design of modular smart/SMA actuator systems and their applications (i.e., soft mobile robots, multi-fingered robot hand), and machine learning algorithms for motion planning and control.
The successful applicants will work for new smart actuator systems, soft robots, locomotion strategies, and/or motion planning and control (model-based, modeless, learning-based). The applicant may also have opportunities to collaborate with other researchers in the lab. Good writing and communication skills are required. Strong applicants should have outstanding record of research and publication. Proficiency in English is required.
Strong research background and expertise in some of the following areas are preferred;
– Deep-learning and reinforced learning
– Shape memory alloys or smart materials
– Soft/compliant/bio-inspired robots
– Motion planning and control theories
– Robot kinematics and dynamics
These position is open to be filled immediately.
To apply, applicants should send the following in a single PDF file to ‘youngshik’ at ‘hanbat.ac.kr’ :
1. Curriculum Vitae with a list of at least 3 references
2. Record of publications with copies of 3 representative papers
3. A statement about research interest and why you are interested in this position (1 page)